An Audience Finder Exchange Event, in partnership with Social Value UK and Mandy Barnett Associates.
THURSDAY 14th NOVEMBER 2019, 11:00 – 16:00
Parkinson Building, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT
Arts and cultural organisations have a significant positive impact on society – from supporting wellbeing to building community cohesion and environmental awareness.
Current opportunities and challenges (for example, social prescribing, stronger focus on well-being, the Social Value Act, and the effects of austerity measures) mean we need to get better at measuring, communicating and managing social impact.
This free workshop is for socially engaged practitioners and organisations that have some expertise in managing their social impact. We want to bring people together to see how we can be bigger than the sum of our parts. We will ask you to share your technical expertise and experience of impact measurement, with a view to setting up a new action-orientated network to share, learn together, pool resources and make a bigger case for culture. We will also explore how Audience Finder and other data sets can be used to support this work. And we don't want to re-invent the wheel – this event is designed to build on previous similar discussions rather than start from scratch again.
Come to our event: share your best practice, learn from others, contribute to the conversation and agree on a joined-up approach which plays to all our strengths.
Who is the event for?
This event is aimed at organisations working in the arts and cultural sector, with a strong interest in social impact and value, perhaps working in participatory ways. We hope delegates will bring their own examples of good practice as well as using the event as a learning opportunity.
What we will explore:
- Why is managing impact important?
- Different approaches to measuring social value.
- How organisations have found ways to talk about the value and impact of their work. Case studies from different cultural organisations.
- Where Audience Finder fits with these methodologies – and how it could support more effectively.
- How have cultural networks worked on important issues to date?
- Practical round table sessions led by attendees. Focusing on your experience, challenges and expertise.
- Understanding what gets in the way of measuring social impact, and how we could overcome barriers.
- How we could continue to work together to share best practice and strengthen our collective voice.
This event forms part of the Audience Finder support programme and is funded by Arts Council England