Its still possible to generate a report within Audience Finder, but it should not be used for your ACE NPO return. Please use the autogenerated report provided in Audience Finder 2.0 Beta.
To create a report within Audience Finder:
Log into your Audience Finder account.
Using the left-hand menu, navigate to the Reports section of the dashboard.
Click on the plus symbol (under the heading Historical Audience Report) to create an Audience Report.
Complete the online form, selecting the relevant ticketing and/or survey data on which the report should be based.
If you have submitted ticketing data:
- Use the tick box to select Use Ticketing Data.
- If you have more than one venue, choose your venue from the drop-down menu
- Select the time-frame that you want to report on (N.B. For NPO reporting, this should be the financial year that has just finished.)
Things to note:
- Before running the report, you should make sure that your performance categorisation is up to date, so you are definitely using the cleanest version of your data. Read our Knowledge Base article on how to categorise your performances.
- The dashboard only contains audience data from ‘matured’ (the run has ended) performances. That may mean there is a delay between an event taking place, and the audience data being uploaded into your Audience Finder dashboard. The length of this delay is set individually to your organisation's system when you sign up; please contact us if you want to check what this is for your extractions.
For organisations using surveys:
- Use the tick box to select Use Survey Data.
- Type in the figure for your total visits/footfall for your reporting period (this should be the total number of visits made to your organisation and/or event(s) during the period that you are reporting on, e.g. a financial year)
- Check the boxes to indicate which of your current survey(s) you would like to report on
- Decide what data to include in the report: select either “Include all responses” or “Restrict responses by visit date” and set a time-frame.
Things to note:
- The report can only include responses that have been inputted into the system (either via your data entry link or the e-survey link) and updated to the dashboard. Updates happen once a week so check your survey dashboard summary to make sure you’re using the most up to date information.
- Restricting your responses by visit date will only include responses which include a valid ‘Date of visit’ within the survey response.
Click Create New Report and wait for the PDF to generate. Report generation can take a little while, but you will be emailed when the report is ready to view and download.
Things to note:
- You can download and delete this report or create a new one at any time.
- At the end of each report is an appendix with information about how the figures are calculated.
Need to include a full postal sector breakdown?
If you need a full postal sector breakdown of your audiences, go to the ‘Location’ metric within the Tickets or Survey sections of your dashboard and click on ‘Download as CSV’.